i-Tree Open Academy - Spring 2023
Join us for our newest learning series! The i-Tree Open Academy will provide a broad introduction to the i-Tree suite of tools. This is a virtual opportunity for anyone interested in better understanding the benefits of trees and exploring the latest i-Tree has to offer. There is no fee for the Academy, and we can accept the first 250 participants to each live session. Register by filling out the participant form.
The intended audience is new i-Tree users or folks who haven’t checked-in for a few years. The Academy will serve as a refresher and an introduction to the newest tools and features.
All sessions will be streamed live via this Microsoft Teams link. All sessions will be recorded and posted to this page as well as the i-Tree YouTube channel, so that you can catch up on anything you missed. There are no requirements for this course, and there will be self-directed exercises that you can use to gain experience using the tools. You are encouraged to submit any questions related to the course via firstname.lastname@example.org, and there will be opportunities to ask questions during certain live sessions and office hours.
Each session is one hour long and offered at 1:00 pm (Eastern US time).
- March 14th – Introduction to i-Tree. Understand the basic science of i-Tree and the USFS research behind it. Explore the relationships between the i-Tree tools and the data they provide. Start to consider which i-Tree tools will be best for the application you have in mind.
- March 21st – Online with MyTree, i-Tree Design, and i-Tree Planting. Explore the easiest to use online i-Tree tools for individual trees. Get a better sense of their advantages and most common uses.
- March 28th – The view from the top: i-Tree Canopy and OurTrees. You can’t manage your forest resource unless you know what you have. Get an estimate of tree canopy cover for any area or monitor change with a few hours of image analysis. Or save your mouse clicks and see if a quick visit to OurTrees will get you what you need.
- March 30th - Open office hours. No slides or presentations just an informal opportunity to have your i-Tree questions answered. 1:00 Eastern, US. Join here.
- April 4th – i-Tree Landscape: Your data, maps, and equity portal. With dozens of layers covering a wide range of geographies it is easy to get lost in Landscape. This session will keep you on track to finish with a map of tree benefits and priority areas within your community.
- April 18th – i-Tree Eco the flagship tool. i-Tree Eco is where the latest science goes first. It is a large flexible tool that can’t be covered in a single session. We’ll help you decide if Eco is right for you and let you know where to go to learn more.
- April 20th - Open office hours. No slides or presentations just an informal opportunity to have your i-Tree questions answered. 1:00 Eastern, US. Join here.
- April 25th – Putting i-Tree to Work. Take a whirlwind tour through the many ways that i-Tree can be used to further your tree initiatives. Get inspired and make a plan to put i-Tree to work for you.
This will be our first attempt at exploring a new method to help you get started working with i-Tree. We look forward to your engagement and feedback as we try to find new ways to connect with new audiences around the benefits of trees.